Psychotherapy sessions are an integral part of the treatment and recovery process. In order to achieve treatment goals, and for maximum results, our treatment facility does not negotiate when it comes to therapy sessions.
Our sessions are aimed at:
- Improving or enlightening our patients through psycho-education and lectures about the nature of their addiction and other psychological disorders they may be having.
- Developing assertiveness so that you can say no to drugs in difficult situations.
- Refining relationship skills so that you can avoid toxic friendships and repair broken relationships caused by addiction.
- Improving communication skills so that you express the feelings that lead you to abuse substances.
Building your self-esteem so that substance dependency does replace your self-worth.
- Cultivating stress management so you can better handle the stressors that lead to substance abuse.
- Enhancing your overall quality of life free from drug abuse.
Patients are allocated private access to our Clinical Psychologist upon arrival. They are assessed and individual therapy sessions are fixed. Our Clinical Psychologist works with the recovering individual through a relationship of confidentiality, trust, and respect. These sessions allow the individual to gain insight into the causes of their substance dependency, psychological disorders, and, more importantly, formulate a treatment plan to implement the necessary changes in the underlying dynamics underpinning their addiction or other disorders. Individual therapy, besides the personal attention that this provides, can also be very helpful in the case of a cormobid diagnosis: A coexisting depression, bipolar disorder, or other significant mental health condition that requires treatment in its own right, separate from the drug addiction or alcohol dependency.
With access to
Because we hold our patients in high esteem, we are available to render our inpatient and outpatient services in the management of psychological and behavioral issues.